Crowns are used for several conditions of the mouth. These include restoring a tooth to its normal shape and size, covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling when not enough tooth is left, protecting a weak tooth from breaking or restoring one that is already broken, or restoration after a root canal and buildup is completed on a tooth. Bridges are generally used to restore missing teeth in the patients mouth. We use the neighboring teeth as support or abutment teeth to hold the bridge in place. When completed, the appearance is very natural and esthetic.
Primadent offers both crowns and bridges at all three locations in Audubon, Marlton and Haddonfield.
- Dental crowns are generally used in the following senerios:
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- Enclose or support a tooth with filling when the tooth enough tooth is not available to sustain
- To hold a dental bridge in position
- Hide a dental implant
- Enable better chewing and speech
- Shape your jawline
- Prevent remaining teeth from shifting